Friday, January 25, 2013



   
     Tonight was the Volusia County Teacher of the Year Announcement, and a dear colleague of mine won.  I am so proud and so happy that the powers that be chose someone worthy.  The picture I have posted is very blurry because I was very far away; but if you know her, you can see her ears turning red.
     I loved her acceptance speech.  I loved that it was a little sassy,  taking a few digs at our new evaluation model and standardized testing.  My favorite line of her speech went something like...teach with your heart and the rest will follow.  I know that is how Emily teaches.  Her students know she loves them and she teaches them to love learning.  People like Emily remind me of the joys of teaching and why we do what we do.
     Please Lord send our children more teachers like Emily Edwards.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment