Monday, January 7, 2013


Back from Break

     Pulled the good old teaching bag out today.  It was time to head back into the classroom after a nice relaxing winter break.  When the alarm went off at 5:15, it was plain awful. Getting dressed for work was almost painful.  I had to keep walking back in to the house because I kept forgetting necessities.  My husband leaning out the garage door, "Hey!  You planning on eating lunch today?"  I completely forgot to grab my frozen cardboard delight and my iPad and my cell phone and my seventy five cents for a Coke at the Circle K.  I completely got out of my routine.
     By the time I pulled into the Circle K, I was completely cranky.  Then as I left (with a 44 ounce Diet coke in hand), the little woman who is always behind the counter at 6:50 a.m. and knows I am a teacher told me to have fun with my kids today.  And that was it.  I remembered that my job is not a job, but a fun place to be with my students.  While I would have loved to sleep in again today, it was so nice to see them (even though many of them had the back from break blues) safe and sound and ready to enjoy their last semester of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment