Friday, January 18, 2013

Road Trip

Road Trip

     I cannot take a road trip by myself without some books on CD.  I spent a good hour last night picking out books for my trip to Tallahassee.
    Part of the reason it took me so long was that not every book is meant to be listened to. I have to be able to flip back in the story when I read a mystery because I am constantly trying to figure it out.  No good on CD.
     I find that Young Adult Literature and nonfiction are good choices.  Hence my A.J. Jacobs and Jerry Spinelli selections.  So far the Spinelli is a fun choice.  I will finish it on my way home, start another, and then purposely drive around in my car so that I can finish.     If I try and listen at home, I start doing little mundane activities while I am listening and then end up not paying attention to the story,  So, I spend gas money on a free book I got from the library.  It is a mini-local road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment