Saturday, January 12, 2013

Little Flag Football


Little Flag Football

     I went today to watch my nephew play flag football.  It was the final game and his team was in the winner's bracket.  The Super Bowl of pee wee football if you will.  They lost by one touchdown, and it was a heart breaker   But, the kids soon remembered that they had cake and root beer waiting for them, so the crush of defeat did not last long.
     This morning before he played football, he had baseball tryouts, and next week basketball season starts.  While I sometimes worry that he is a little too busy, I also know that he is ten and discovering his talents.  I also know that the busier kids are they less trouble they are likely to get into.
     My brother can afford to enroll his children in anything they want to try. In fact, I even drove over to Orlando last year to catch a pee wee lacrosse game.  Who knew there was even a kids' lacrosse league anywhere in Florida? My niece and nephew are lucky.  My brothers and I were lucky.  Our parents pushed us to find our talents and try different sports, music, and arts.  How many kids go through life without ever discovering their talents because they are not as lucky as we?

No comments:

Post a Comment