Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Favorite Place

I love the library. If I had to be stranded anywhere, it would be in the library. When I was little, there was a library in town that was built in an old Spanish home. The floors were dark stained wood and there were three floors. In the children's section there was an old claw footed iron bathtub filled with red velvet pillows. I would curl up with a favorite book snug in that bathtub and read for hours while my mother trudged between the card catalogue and the upstairs reference section.
The home for this library is still standing, and I believe the city of Daytona Beach owns it. I am a little sad that I never made it back by the Cornelia Young Memorial Library before it closed. But, then I think maybe the pure memory of it is sweeter.



No comments:

Post a Comment